Florida has an array of state and local conservation land acquisition programs. Managing these lands in an environmentally sustainable manner and allowing safe public recreational access is a goal of many of the programs. Water & Air has helped municipalities in Florida achieve their land acquisition and management goals in a wide range of successful projects that cover the spectrum of Florida’s diverse habitats.
- Developed grant application for land acquisition.
- Conducted an Environmental Site Assessment (ESA).
- Surveyed biological resources.
- Created prescribed fire management plans.
- Developed and implemented environmental monitoring plan.
- Assisted with permitting support and designing site plans.
- Surveyed invasive, exotic plants.
Water & Air staff have helped in the acquisition, restoration and management of over 350,000 acres of public conservation lands in Florida.