The Water Quality Group supports client needs by monitoring chemicals and physical characteristics of surface waters to evaluate information for project-specific or regulatory compliance. Project concerns include chemical movement pathways and fate, regulatory compliance, toxicity, quality assurance and control, and options for material management and disposal.
Many of the sampling and testing procedures performed by the Water Quality Group are prescribed by various governmental agencies and programs. When needed, innovative procedures have been developed to address unique issues or concerns.
Specific services include, but are not limited to:
- Bathymetric Measurements of Surface Water Bodies
- Characterization & Treatment Optimization of Industrial Waste Streams
- Chemical & Physical Characterization of Waters, Soils, Sediments, & Tissues
- Drinking Water Supply System Sampling
- Hydrological Monitoring of Surface Water Bodies
- Marine Protection, Research, & Sanctuaries Act (MPRSA) Section 103 & 404 Pre-Dredging Sediment Evaluations
- Quality Assurance, Control Oversight, & Data Review
- Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) & Hazardous Waste Site Assessments
- Stormwater Monitoring for The Clean Water Act Section 319 Program
- Surface Water Current, Dilution, & Stream Flow Investigations
- Water Quality Monitoring for Nutrients, Metals, & Organic Compounds